Parking is available throughout the UW-Milwaukee Campus to everyone, including students, faculty, staff, and visitors.
Anyone experiencing a parking issue in one of our lots can call (414) 229-4000 for assistance. If inside a garage, please press the help button on any entrance, exit, or pay station for assistance. If the issue is not urgent, we may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parking citations may be issued for several reasons and are documented on our rules and regulations.
UWM has parking lots and garages located throughout Kenwood campus. Our interactive map shows where they are on campus and includes information about public parking. Campus signage is displayed throughout parking lots and garages to display who may park in which spot. Unmarked spots are generally public parking spaces unless otherwise noted. Please consult the Transportation Services Map for more details.
Rates and availability vary by location, time of year, and other factors. Consult our rates for more information.
If you purchased a permit for the Kenilworth, Lubar, NWQ, Pavilion or RiverView garages, you will need a PantherCard(Student ID) to enter and exit, simply hold your PantherCard up to the keypad in order for it to scan and raise the gate. UWM uses license plate recognition software to determine if a vehicle has a permit, and no stickers or hangtags are necessary. If the license plate is unblocked and in good condition, the cameras will read the license plate and open the gate (Lubar, NWQ, and Pavilion) at each entry and exit.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Please note that the K-permit and/or all-access permit does not allow parking in Chancellor’s spaces, disabled spaces, spaces reserved for events/guests, or loading/drop-off areas (including the Lubar, Union, and Sandburg circle driveways).
There is no free parking on campus. Parking is enforced 24/7 throughout campus, year-round. Please review parking rules and regulations if you have questions or concerns.
During the fall and spring semesters, UWM and the Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) offer park and ride services from locations around Milwaukee. Typically, they run from the start of classes through the end of final exams.
UPARK Surface Lot at Capitol and Humboldt
Students who pay segregated fees can get a free permit, for the Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot, online at aufdemsofa.com/transportation/portallogin. Otherwise, the associated charge is $2.00 per day which may be paid at a pay station in Capitol and Humboldt (UPARK) Surface Lot or through the Parkmobile app. A permit is valid for a semester and may be purchased online for $35.81 per semester. Vehicles parked on the lot without a permit or valid payment will be ticketed.
Anyone with a valid Panthercard can ride the Prowl Line bus service, which takes the riders from UPARK to the campus. A PantherCard must be placed against the scanner for every ride.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Download the Passio Go! app for live Prowl Line information: / .
The average shuttle ride is 10 minutes, although it can be shorter or longer depending on traffic, weather, or mechanical concerns.
UPARK is located off of N. Humboldt, north of the Capitol and Humboldt intersection.
As part of its freeway flyer program, MCTS has several U-Busses taking students from park and rides throughout Milwaukee County to campus, including:
- : Runs from the W. College Avenue and W. Holt Avenue Park and Ride Lots (on I-94), servicing Oak Creek, Franklin, South Milwaukee, and Milwaukee’s South Side.
- : Runs from the Hales Corners (Highway 100 and W. Layton Ave at I-43) and State Fair (N. 76 St. and W. Kearney St) Parking and Ride Lots, servicing Franklin, Greenfield, Greendale, Hales Corners, New Berlin, Wauwatosa, and West Allis.
- : Runs from Brown Deer East Park and Ride Lot (W. Brown Deer Rd and I-43), servicing Brown Deer and Milwaukee’s North Shore.
Students who pay segregated fees qualify for a U-PASS, which allows them to ride MCTS buses for free. Faculty and staff can purchase a Consumer Value Pass大奖娱乐官方网站主页, or CVP, which provides unlimited bus rides for a reduced, monthly fee.
Flowbird offers mobile and web payment options for surface lots and select garages at UWM.
More information at Flowbird page.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Transportation Services offers pay-by-phone parking in more than 20 lots and garages.
These four (4) parking garages; Lubar, NWQ, Pavilion, and Union, on campus use the same payment methods.
- Pull Ticket — Pushing the appropriate button will dispense a parking ticket. Users can use this ticket with pay stations or the exit station to pay for parking.
- PantherCard (Student / Faculty ID) — If the user has the appropriate permit registered with their account, they can scan their Panthercard to open the gate. License plate recognition (LPR) cameras may recognize your vehicle and grant you entry/exit in Lubar, NWQ, and Pavilion Garages.
- ParkMobile — The will generate a barcode that is scanned by the machine. It will automatically connect the users parking to their account.
Provides information regarding what is available for UW—Milwaukee visitors. Such as friends and/or family that visits for a few hours.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Visitor overnight parking is available for a fee at the Sandburg garage, visitor overnight parking is not allowed at other locations on campus.
Parking is prepaid across campus except in the Student Union garage and Lubar Hall garage.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页The following are rules for repair workers, contractors, service representatives, and members of the UWM community who need to load or unload materials:
- Dock areas are reserved for delivery vehicles with truck plates while loading or unloading.
- Short-term errand parking (picking up mail or delivering something to an office) is provided at the 30-minute meters or in public parking lots only.
- Personal vehicles are not allowed in loading docks.
- Parking in service areas requires authorization from the Transportation Services office.
- Parking in a location not designated for parking is prohibited.
Motorcycle and moped must park in designated areas only. Parking in car stalls, at bicycle racks, or in the Lubar, Pavilion, NWQ, or Union garages is prohibited. Motorcycles cannot be parked on the grass or other landscaping which borders the posted areas. Motorized two-wheel vehicles must display a permit on the back of a rear-view mirror.
Parking is available for residents (and other members of the community, where space permits) in heated garages in Cambridge Commons, Kenilworth Square Apartments, Purin Hall and RiverView Residence Hall (vertical clearance varies in each parking area from 6’2” to 6’8”).. Parking is also available for residents (and other members of the community) in the Sandburg Residence Hall garage, which is covered but is not temperature controlled. If you will be a University Housing Resident, you cannot request a permit until your room assignment has been made.
More information at Residence Hall Parking page aufdemsofa.com/transportation/residencehallparking/
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Transportation Services may provide up to four minivans (dependent on availability) which seat six passengers, including one ADA-compliant vehicle. All minivans must be returned by 5 pm. Rates are as follows:
- $32 per vehicle, per day
- $0.32 per mile
- $14.55 per hour for a driver provided by Transportation Services
There is no fee if a department uses their own UWM-authorized driver. To find out if a driver is authorized, or to obtain authorization, please visit Driver Authorization.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Zimride is a fun and easy way to share the seats in your car or catch a ride. With Zimride, you can find UWM friends, classmates, and coworkers going the same way you are.
Electric vehicle charging is available in campus.
This is an interactive map detailing all the parking options and more on campus.
Below are the height clearances for each of the parking garages:
- Lubar 7′
- NWQ 6′ 9″
- Pavilion 6′ 9″
- Union 6′ 10″
- EMS 6′ 9″
- Sandburg 7′ 3″