What is the registration process for new student organizations?
To access all of the forms listed below, log in to Panther Presence using your UWM username and password. Then find the form using the Form tab and the search function.
Step 1: Complete “”, found in Panther Presence in Forms. After you submit this form, feel free to continue with the next steps. You will receive more information via email.
Step 2: Sign up and complete all necessary in-person trainings before Step 3 (one officer must attend):Panther Presence Training
Sign up for “Panther Presence Training” for using the student organization online environment. You will be contacted by Student Involvement staff via UWM email to schedule the training. You may also call Student Involvement (414)-229-5780 to set up an appointment for Panther Presence Training. The officers who attend the training will be authorized as the Officer Administrators for the organization. After completing the training, the Officer Administrators should invite all officers, advisors, and members to join the organization online.
Sign up for a 45-minute Start It Up Workshop by calling the Student Involvement front desk at (414)-229-5780. Start It Up will give you an opportunity to explore why your organization should exist on campus and introduce you to important resources to accomplish your organization’s goals.
Step 3: 大奖娱乐官方网站主页Complete additional online trainings, your organization’s profile and your organization’s charter.Officer & Advisor Forms in Presence
All four officers must complete the “” form found in Panther Presence (formerly known as the “Officer Training” and “Officer Contract” forms). One Faculty/Staff Advisor is required to complete the “” while logged into Panther Presence.
Fill out and submit an Organization Profile大奖娱乐官方网站主页 in Panther Presence (This is covered in the Panther Presence Training). After submitting a completed Org Profile electronically, Student Involvement staff will begin verification of enrollment and eligibility.
Complete the New Student Organization Charter Application, under Forms in Panther Presence. This document includes the organization’s official purpose statement. There are two versions of this form. The standard charter is a fill in the blank constitution format. The basic charter大奖娱乐官方网站主页 allows for the organization name and purpose statement and provides the recommended elements for the charter/constitution. A full constitution and set of bylaws may be submitted in place of the charter form but must comply with all the same requirements as the charter forms. Reactivating organizations may be permitted to continue using a previous charter if it is less than five years old and meets current charter requirements.
Schedule a meeting with an Assistant Director in Student Involvement for a charter review and overview of University policies and procedures. Allow two business days from the date you submitted the Org Profile for verification before this meeting.大奖娱乐官方网站主页 Student Involvement staff will try to answer any questions you may have about operating a registered student organization at UWM. (This meeting is approximately 1 hour). Once the registration paperwork is approved, a Charter Letter will be sent to the organization acknowledging that the organization has permission to operate on campus. The organization’s information is then prepared and distributed to all campus service providers who provide access to resources for registered student organizations.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Each student organization must provide the full name, UWM student identification number, phone number, and email address of four UW‐Milwaukee students currently enrolled at least half-time to serve as officers. At least one of the contacts for the organization must agree to have his or her name and phone number or email address released as the public information for the group.ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- List four UWM students enrolled in a degree program, on a fee-paying (Segregated University Fee) basis for at least half‐time (6 credits for undergraduates and 4 credits for graduate students) as contacts within the Org Profile and showing in the online membership roster.
- Have a membership consisting of at least 3/4 students enrolled for a minimum of one semester hour of credit at UWM.
- List the name, office location, telephone number, and email address for at least one faculty or staff advisor who is employed by UW‐Milwaukee. This information must appear in the Org Profile and in the membership roster online. The name and UWM email address for the faculty/staff advisor’s supervisor must also be provided so that liability protection for the advising role can be documented.
- Disclose any community, state, national, or international affiliations of your student organization by listing them in the Org Profile in the Affiliations section. Constitution/bylaws of the affiliated organization(s) can be submitted electronically as PDF or by using a website URL.
- Additional criteria for registering a student organization on campus can be found in the Student Organization Manual, located on the Student Involvement website, under Student Organization Resources.