Addressing Food Insecurity Among College Students
During Fall 2016, the Student Association (SA) conducted a campus wide survey addressing food insecurity. From those survey results (see here)大奖娱乐官方网站主页, we learned that roughly 50% of UWM students report not having enough food to eat. For some, this might seem like a surprising statistic, but for half of the UWM student population, this is their reality.
大奖娱乐官方网站主页Our mission is to ensure that the entire UWM community has access to nutritious food and key necessities in a welcoming and educational space. We collect demographic information and a variety of other data to improve processes and ensure that it is equitable, inclusive and accessible to meet the needs of the UWM diverse student population.
Hours of Operation
The UWM Food Center and Pantry will be open every Monday from 11 AM – 1 PM and every Thursday 9 AM – 4:30 PM for the Fall 2019 semester. The Food Center is stocked completely through donations. To remain sustainable and keep our shelves stocked for as many hours as possible, we are limiting our hours. All visits to the Food Center and Pantry must take place during open hours. Shoppers must bring their UWM, and visits will be limited to once a week.
How to Donate & Support
Learn more about how to support the FCP with our FCP Partnership Packet!
The UWM Food Center and Pantry is always looking for non-perishable food items and toiletries.
- Make a one time or recurring money donation through UWM’s online giving form . Under designation, select “Other” and type in “UWM Food Pantry” or “UWM Foundation Account #83180”
- Round up your transaction to the nearest dollar at any register in the Union or Sandburg Hall.
- Drop off check donations to the Student Association office (Union EG79) or Student Association Profession Staff (SAPS) office (Union WG10). Make check payable to “UWM Foundation,” and please write “UWM Foundation Account #83180” in the memo.
- Drop off non-perishable, unexpired food in our permanent donation bin locations:
- Purchase items from our Amazon Wish List and send them directly to the Food Center and Pantry (http://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2FLIUN9XK2T4Q?ref_=wl_share)
- Student Association office (Union EG79)
- Dean of Students office (Union 346)
- UWM Athletics Pavilion Lobby (3409 N. Downer Ave.)
- Engineering and Mathematical Sciences Building (EMS E386)
- Chapman Hall (1st floor lobby)
- Golda Meir Library (1st floor lobby)
- Garland Hall (1st floor)
大奖娱乐官方网站主页We are always looking for volunteers! Volunteering is open to all UWM students, faculty, and staff who have completed the volunteer orientation, and time commitment is completely on your schedule! You can volunteer one time, or as little as 30 minutes a month. Right now, we are primarily looking for volunteers to collect donations or staff the Food Center and Pantry during open hours. If you’re looking to play a larger role in the Food Center and Pantry, you can work alongside our Executive Team in areas of interest.
If interested in volunteering, holding a fundraiser, or food drive to support the Food Center and pantry, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Fresh Picks Mobile Market
大奖娱乐官方网站主页We have begun hosting the , which offers fresh produce, meat, and dairy items at a discount. The market accepts debit cards, credit cards and Quest EBT. The Fresh Picks Mobile Market visits UWM the first Thursday of every month.
Call *211 for Emergency Food Assistance
If you have questions, please email UWM Food Center and Pantry at email@example.com
To receive email updates about the pantry subscribe .
Find us on !